Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Sunday 19 October 2008

Weekend At Flutterbys

Well, I went to the open weekend at Flutterbys and have to admit I was very restrained.

The demos on Saturday were on the BIA and the Dreamcutz and watercolouring with pencils. The D/Cutz looks like a handy tool - but a bit expensive and takes up quite a bit of room. And I really should get my pencils out again - I've only used them once or twice.

Today's demo was using crackle mediums to both crackle paints and to add a craquelure effect over a picture. Tracy was using napkins over the crackle effect and it looked great.
So, my purchases were some inkpads (Distress and Versafine), two different types of crackle medium, and some of the Dovecraft £1 stamps and stamp sets.

The new premises are so much better than the last - lots of room to move about, and demo areas. Lynn is also looking to get some new ranges of stamps (including Penny Blacks) and it also looks like they are opening an online store.

Well, I've got a few cards to make (not to mention my 70 0dd Christmas cards!!!) so I'd better go and get them done.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin