Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 27 November 2008

Pink and Turquoise Tilda with Sledge

I'm really pleased with this one, even if I do say so myself!!

Tilda was stamped and watercoloured with Whispers Brushstroke markers, matted onto lilac card and highlighted with Craft Planet Lavender Glitter Glue (more on that later!) and Anita's Metallic White 3D dimensional paint.

Two co-ordinating papers from the HOTP Ultimate Christmas Cardmakers pack were cut to size and the blue piece was stamped using one of the scroll stamps from the HOTP Christmas Scrolls stamp set. This was done using the 3D stamping technique that I only learnt yesterday thanks to the Splitcoaststampers Weekly Newsletter that you can sign up for here. The inks used for this were Brilliance Moonlight White pigment ink and ColorBox Wisteria Fluid Chalk ink. The two panels were attached to the card blank.

A file tab was cut from matching turquoise card to the card blank using a Sizzlet die, and the sentiment stamped using a stamp from the HOTP Christmas Motifs set and ColorBox Wisteria Fluid Chalk. This was attached behind the Tilda image and attached to the card front.

Snowflakes were cut from the Papermania White Snowflake felt ribbon and attached in the corners.

The scroll stamped image and file tab were then highlighted with Anita's Metallic White 3D dimensional paint.

Now, as I mentioned earlier, Tilda's wings were highlighted with Craft Planet Lavender glitter glue. May i make a suggestion - don't try and get the glitter glue down to the nozzle if it's been stood on it's bottom by squeezing it with the lid still on. I ended up with a palm full of glitter glue and a bottle split from top to bottom!!! You've been warned!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Beautiful Kathleen, love the colours and the layout! xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin