Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 9 December 2008

A couple of Penny Black Christmas Cards

I'm starting to get very worried now that I'm not going to get my Christmas cards finished in time to post them!! I've got about 35 still to make. I managed to miss the last posting date to Australia, but hopefully I'll meet the US/Canada one on Wednesday!

I managed to get another couple of cards made today, using a couple of Penny Black images that I received in an image swap from Judith B over on the docrafts forum.

The first is using the ice skating Hedgie from the Penny Black Christmas Critters set. The image was watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers and the hat highlighted with Anita's Metallic White 3D Dimensional paint.

The image was then placed beneath a slide mount covered with patterned paper from the HOTP Christmas Creative pack, as was the mini tag.

The greeting was taken from the HOTP Christmas Motifs stamp set, stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink and cut out and matted onto the tag.

Red patterned paper from the HOTP Christmas Creative pack was matted onto gold mirror card as was a matching piece of green paper from the paper pack.

Red embroidery thread was threaded through the tag and attached in the corner of the card.

The second is using another Penny Black image from the Christmas Critter set, this time the Carol Singing Mice.
The image was watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers and highlighted with clear Sakura Glaze pen on the lantern and clear Sakura Stardust pen on the gloves and scarf.

A frame was created from dark green card using the Fiskars Shapecutter and the Frames#1 template.

The patterned papers are from the HOTP Christmas Creative pack, and matted onto gold mirror card.

The greeting panel was cut out using the HOTP Labels template, and stamped using Brilliance Rocket Red ink and a greeting stamp from the Dovecraft Studio G Snow Phrases mini stamp set. The snowflakes were taken from the HOTP Christmas Motifs set. The greeting panel was then matted onto a shape cut out using the HOTP Tags template.

Small clear faux gems were adhered to the corners of the frame and to the centres of the snowflakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions. Thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin