Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Friday 6 February 2009

Three Birthday Cards

As promised, here are the three birthday cards I made this week.

Red and Blue Edwin with Glasses

The first was an Edwin card that I made for my cousin. I used one of the images that was kindly donated to me by Alex (Eisbaerin). I wanted to use my Basic Grey Boxer papers and watercoloured the image using the Whispers Brushstroke markers to match the colours. The glasses were highlighted with clear Sakura glaze pen.


A strip of blue/grey geometric paper from the Basic Grey Boxer pad was matted onto a red floral paper from the same paper pad and mini eyelets were attached at the edges. A frame was cut from a third paper from the paper pad and matted over a piece of paper stamped with the Stone Texture stamp from the Judikins Artefacts cube and Whispers Caramel Delight Permanent Dye ink.


The 'Birthday Wishes' stamp, from the Hero Arts Birthday Greetings stamp set, was stamped using Whispers Caramel Delight Permanent Dye ink, matted onto a matching patterned paper from the Boxer paper pad and a matching mini eyelet was set in the centre.


The Edwin image was attached over the frame and the greeting in the corner.


Green and Yellow Owls


The second was a card for another of my cousins. This time I used the owl images from the Papermania Secret Garden stamp set. They were stamped using Versafine Onyx Black ink and watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers. These were then highlighted with white gel pen.


A piece of green patterned paper from the HOTP Earth's Palette Creative Pack was stamped with the scallop border stamp. A co-ordinating strip of yellow paper, from the same paper pack, was stamped with the leaves stamp and highlighted with white gel pen. This strip was attached across the green panel and then attached to a piece of mustard yellow paper. Holes were punched in the scallop borders and highlighted with white gel pen. The owl images were attached over the yellow strip of paper.


The scallop frame, from the Papermania Sweet Nothings stamp set, was stamped onto the yellow patterned paper and the Happy Birthday greeting was stamped in the centre. The lettering and scallops were highlighted with white gel pen. The frame was cut out and attached at the bottom of the panel. The panel was attached to a cream deckle-edged A6 card.

Raspberry and Champagne Flower


The third and final card was made using the Autumn Leaves Build-a-Flower stamp set. Three each of the pinstripe petals and wiggly petals and a decorative centre were stamped out using Versafine Crimson Red ink. These were cut out, edged using Ancient Page Flannel Grey ink and assembled to create a flower.

A strip of cherry blossom and swirls paper from the Raspberry and Champagne Creative Tones paper pad was attached to a strip of burgundy card and then attached to a square of cherry blossom and stripes paper from the same paper pad. This panel was attached to a square burgundy card blank.

A 'Happy Birthday' greeting, from the HOTP Sentiments stamp set, was stamped onto matching patterned paper and matted onto the burgundy card. The greeting and flower were attached to the card, and gems were added to the flower, greeting and the paper strip.

6 comments:

gillyflower said...

what a great set of card must say i love the owls the best so cute all great though well done
gill

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the colours.

Julie said...

Hi Kathleen

Good to see you back on line! Missed you and your lovely cards and these are no exception! I'm still a sucker for Edwin!

Juliex

Julie said...

Me again - have left you a little something to be collected on my blog! Julesxxx

Anonymous said...

Love these cards! I really love Edwin. Can I ask you where I could buy Edwin stamps?

Kathleen said...

Dear Anonymous (not sure who you are!)
You can get Edwin stamps from a number of people, but I think The Glitterpot has the best selection.
Kathleen x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin