Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Irish Success In Cardiff

This post has absolutely nothing to do with cardmaking, but just thought I'd let you all know that I had a great time in Cardiff on Saturday. We arrived in the centre of Cardiff at about 1pm, and were immediately thrown into the amazing atmosphere that surrounds an international rugby match, with the added electricity with the knowledge that Ireland could win their first Grand Slam since 1948!!

We spent the afternoon in one of the pubs in the centre of Cardiff, trying desperately to get a glimpse of a TV so we could watch the action in the two games preceding the Wales v Ireland game. This was accompanied by one or two drinks (??) and the occasional sing-song.

We eventually made our way to the Millennium Stadium where I managed to get something to eat. But, when it came time to head up to our seats, I couldn't find my ticket anywhere.It had been checked at the gates, so I knew I'd had it when we came in, and, having checked my pockets numerous times, I suddenly thought it must have fallen out of my pocket when I bought my hot dog. So I hurried back over to the counter and there it was, sitting on the floor next to the counter!! The sense of relief was overwhelming, as all I could think was that that could have been the most expensive hotdog ever!!!

Anyway, the match was OK in the first half, but was absolutely brilliant in the second. Ireland managed to score two quick tries to build up a 14-6 lead, but then Wales came back at them with a number of penalties to trail by just two points at 14-12. Then Wales took the lead with a drop goal, and then with just 4 minutes to go, Ireland managed to get a drop goal of their own. Some thought that was the end of the match, but before we knew it, in the last minute of the game, Wales got a penalty in front of the posts and all seemed lost. But amazingly the ball dropped short of the posts and Ireland were Grand Slam winners!!! It really was heart-stopping stuff!!!

A great day was had by all (there were seven of us including my in-laws) although the celebrations were cut a little short as both hubby and my father-in-law had to drive back to Newbury after the match, but we left the others in Cardiff who I'm sure did a lot of the drinking for us!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin