Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Pink and Brown Garden Gossip Hedgie

Here's the card I made for the lovely Tara's birthday. Now I know that she has received it, I can put it on my blog!!



The brown/pink flourish border paper from the Papermania Simply Elegant paper pack was matted onto a piece of light brown paper. A length of Chatterbox pink picot-edged organza ribbon was matted onto the pink/cream spot paper from the same paper pad and was then matted onto the larger piece.
The Penny Black Garden Gossip image, from the Bubbly stamp set, was watercoloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers and matted onto dark brown card, light brown paper and pink vellum punched with the Fiskars Lace border punch. This was matted over the ribbon strip.
Two co-ordinating paper flowers from The Crafty Cow were sewn together using cream embroidery thread and a pearl bead in the centre. These were attached to the other end of the ribbon strip.
The sentiment, from the See D's Garden Of Friendship stamp set, was stamped in Onyx Black Versafine ink and matted onto the dark brown card, light brown paper and pink vellum.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for the beautiful card Kathleen and for the lovely words you left on my blog - it means a lot! xx

kay said...

this is gorgeous,can understand why tara liked it.
kayx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kathleen, so pretty. Thanks for visiting my blo and entering my candy.
Erin x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin