Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Monday 14 September 2009

Blue Hot Off The Press Butterfly Anniversary

This card was inspired by a card I saw in Crafty Katy's docrafts gallery and on her blog.

I decided to use a butterfly stamp that I've had for a while, and inadvertantly made it in Villa colours, the team the recipients both support. (They'll come to their senses one day!!)


The corners of the card were scored and folded back. The front of the card, the inside of the card and flaps were covered with paper from the HOTP Pretty Cardmakers Creative Pack.


The butterfly image from Anita's was stamped using Versafine Crimson Red archival pigment ink, and watercoloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers. The butterfly was cut out using a scalloped circle Nestabilities die. A second scalloped circle was cut from lavender card and then embossed using the Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. These were attached to the front of the card and blue skeleton leaves were attached over the top.


The flaps were folded up and stuck down. A large red Papermania brad was attached through a large blue Papermania Imaginisce paper flower and attached over a length of pale blue organza ribbon.


The 'Forever' art, also from the HOTP Pretty Creative Pack, was attached under the paper flower.

I also decorated the inside of the card with co-ordinating paper from the HOTP Pretty Creative Pack and the 'Happy Anniversary' stamp from Stamps Away, using the Crimson Red ink.

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and wonderful butterfly.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

brilliant classey card, well done hun xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin