Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Brown and Teal Penny Black Garden Buggy

Here is my entry to this week's Stamp Something Blog Challenge. The theme this week is to use your favourite colours on your card. My favourite colours at the moment are teal blue and chocolate brown, which seem to be featuring increasingly in home decor.

I decided to use a new paper pad that I bought as a result of my trip to Julie's. Yes, she made me buy something else!! I saw the papers in her pad and thought 'I've got to get me some of them!'

The paper pad in question is the Making Memories Funky Vintage Ruby Collection pad. It has some beautiful bold patterned papers in there!

So, here is my card:


I started by picking out the papers that I wanted to use and coloured my image to match. The image is a Penny Black image called 'Garden Buggy' that I received from Princesskarra over on the docrafts forum. I watercoloured the image using the Whispers Brushstroke markers.

The image was matted onto a panel of the teal mini dots paper from the paper pad and green paper.

A strip of the multi stripe paper was matted onto the green paper and a length of Anita's spotted teal grosgrain ribbon was adhered across the striped paper and attached across a panel of the brown flower and berry paper.

The 'Just For You' sentiment from the Papermania 'Just For You' stamp set was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink onto white card and watercoloured using the teal Whispers Brushstroke marker. This was cut out using a standard circle Nestie die and matted onto a scalloped circle of the green paper.

Craft Planet Ice Blue glitter glue was used to trace around the edge of the image panel and the sentiment circle.
I also decorated the inside of the card. This was decorated slightly differently to how I had intended to decorate it, mainly because I managed to smudge the blue ink used to edge the panel onto the white paper. So, I decided to overstamp the area with the daisy stamp from the Papermania 'Just For You' stamp set with Marvy Matchables Turquoise dye ink. A folded corner was created using the multi stripe paper from the Ruby paper pad.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Gorgeous Kathleen - the image looks great against this paper - it is a great set isn't it! Love your inside work too!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Kathleen,
Hugs Dianne xx

Squirrel x said...

Great card hun - love the way you have put the colours together, and the image suits your design perfectly. The inside is so pretty too. Squirrel xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute, wonderful image and colours.
luv
Debby

Erin... said...

Oh so cute!!! fabulous papers too!!! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something!

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin