Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 9 September 2009

Green and Copper Landmarks

This is my entry to this week's Mojo Monday Blog Challenge, which follows a sketch from Mojo Monday as shown below.
 
And here is the sketch that I followed:


The Landmarks image, from Crafty Individuals, was stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia archival pigment ink onto the orange brushstroke paper from the K&Co Basic Grey Sublime paper pad and matted onto green paper and copper mirror card (which hasn't scanned on very well).
Panels of the green paper were embossed using the Cuttlebug hinge border embossing folder, and the ColorBox Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk inkpad was swiped over the top to pick out the embossed details. These were then matted onto the copper mirror card.

A panel of the green paper was stamped around the edge using the Fleur de Lys border stamp from the Autumn Leaves On The Edge stamp set and the Vintage Sepia ink. A panel of the collage script paper from the Sublime paper pad was matted onto the green paper and then across the bottom of the large green panel.

The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment, from the Papermania 'Just For You' stamp set, was stamped using the Vintage Sepia ink onto a piece of the green paper and matted onto the copper mirror card.

I also decorated the inside of the card using the Fleur de Lys border stamp with the Vintage Sepia ink and a strip of the orange brushstroke paper.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Kathleen, I love this card and all the vintage elements. Lots of great ideas! (My blog layout was free from Deb's Crafts!)

Tutu Crafts said...

How WONDERFULLY elegant!

ikki said...

Hi, I really like this card and the way you have used the border folder to emboss the panels. A great idea that I wonder if you would like to share with readers of the Cupboard by appearing in one of my Friday Followers Gallery spots. Not sure if you are, but you would need to be, a follower and just say yes - I would do the rest. Hope to hear from you. ikki

ikki said...

Hi Kathleen, thanks for accepting my invitation to appear in my FFG. I have showcased your card today, my visitors will love the way you have used the border. A clever idea! Thanks for sharing. ikki

Phree said...

Beautiful card, lots of thought gone into all the details to create a very classy card. Glad I followed ikki's link!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin