Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 3 September 2009

Lilac Smirk Hugs

This is my entry to this week's Mojo Monday blog challenge, #102. This is the first time I've entered this blog challenge, and I enjoyed following the sketch.

I decided to use my Smirk Love and Friendship stamp set for this card.

Here is the sketch:

....and here is the card I made.

The Hugs image from the Smirk Love and Friendship stamp set was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink and watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers, and highlighted using Craft Planet Lavender glitter glue.

The image was cut out using a standard circle Nestabilities die, and matted onto a lilac pearl die-cut circle from a set from Lakeland that had first been embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder. The photo corner was cut out from the excess card on the die-cut sheet using the Ellison Photo Corners thin cut die and also embossed.

A length of Anita's lilac stripe grosgrain ribbon was adhered across a panel of multi-coloured stripe paper from the DCWV Glitter Mat Stack. The sentiment, also from the Smirk Love and Friendship stamp set, was matted onto a die-cut panel, as was the monogram rub-on, from the Me and My Big Ideas Primary Monograms set. Both panels were embossed first with the Swiss Dots folder.

Two short lengths of the ribbon were attached to the reverse of the monogram panel.

I then decided to make a second similar card to the same sketch which will follow in the next post.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin