Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Friday 11 September 2009

Pink, Orange and Teal Doodle Butterfly - Stampin' For The Weekend Challenge #14

I decided to have a go at this week's Stampin' For The Weekend blog challenge, #14, which was a colour challenge to use pink, orange and teal. But, I forgot it was a Friday challenge, so of course I missed the deadline. PANTS!!

Anyway, here are the cards I made. I decided to make two cards, similar but different, if you know what I mean.



I started by creating an A6 landscape gatefold card from white card.blank.

I then stamped out the doodle butterfly and the large flower from the Papermania Clare Curd Doodles stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink onto white card, and then watercoloured them using Marvy Matchables Turquoise dye ink. Both images were then highlighted with Craft Planet Ice Blue glitter glue.
A panel of the white card was coloured using the Turquoise ink with a piece of sponge, and a doodled dotty border was drawn around the panel using a black fineline marker. The Ice Blue glitter glue was then used to create a glittery border.
Pink card and orange daisy paper from the Dovecraft Designer Wild Blossom paper pack were then matted onto the gatefold panels of the card blank, and strips of teal blue card were added across the two sides.

The mini 'Happy Birthday' stamp from the Papermania Clare Curd Sentiments stamp set was stamped using the Turquoise ink and the panel was colour tinted around the edges. This was then matted on to pink card and attached to the right of the teal blue strip. The butterfly was 3D'd onto the blue panel and the flower was attached to the bottom right of the card.

The inside of the card was also decorated, using the pink and orange floral paper from the Wild Blossom paper pack. The white paper, taken from a writing pad, was stamped using the Turquoise ink and the large 'Happy Birthday' stamp from the Papermania Clare Curd Sentiments stamp set and the large flower used on the front.

I am very grateful to Alex for her tip of rubbing over the acrylic stamps with a rubber to ensure that the dye ink 'sticks' to the stamps rather than pooling up.



I made a second card using the same images and papers but making a portrait bottom opening card, or tent card.


The butterfly panel was attached at an angle and the flower was attached to the left hand side of the teal strip.
The inside of the card was decorated in a similar way to the previous card.

3 comments:

Kimmi said...

Oh what a shame you missed our deadline. Nevermind, if you get started now, you can enter the challenge we have up now :D Great card, love the butterflies. Fab use of the colours too!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Please do join us this week :D

Hugs

Kimmi x

Tara said...

Stunning card Kathleen, it's just perfect!
Hugs Tara xx

Julie said...

Beautiful card - KMac! So pretty and of course your legendary instructions. Did you see you won some Blog Candy! Carol's paper stash - WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin