Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Sunday 6 September 2009

Red, White and Black Wedding Card

This is a wedding card that I made for a couple of friends who recently tied the knot.

I wanted to do something different, so I decided to use a stamp I've had for a while. Having stamped it, I realized that the bird looked a bit lonely, so I decided to stamp out a second one, cut it out and decoupaged it onto the branch.

I went with a red, white and black colour scheme as I thought it looked quite classic. Amazingly, the bride decided to wear a red wedding dress, so I made a wise choice!!

STAMPSBird on a Branch stamp - Kate Knight for Dovecraft

INKS ETCVersafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink
Brilliance Graphite Black pigment ink
Whispers Brushstroke markers
White gel pen

DIE CUTS/PUNCHESStandard Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities

EMBELLISHMENTSLarge red and black brads - Papermania

OTHERSwiss Dots Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
'Mr & Mrs' rub-on - Making Memories Wedding Wordage rub-ons

6 comments:

Lin said...

your catrd is fab kathleen i love it

Lin said...

your card is fab kathleen i love it

playingwithpaper said...

Stunning card Kathleen, love it.

Pink Dandelion said...

A beautiful card, simple but elegant. Debs xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the elegance of the embossing.
luv
Debby

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card,
Hugs Dianne xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin