Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 19 November 2009

Blue Smirk Bath Couple Anniversary

This is the anniversary card I made for some good friends, using the cute little Smirk stamp.


The Smirk Bath Couple image was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black and watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers. This was then cut out using the standard circle Nestabilities die and matted onto a blue scalloped circle also cut out using a Nestabilities die and embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.
A panel of the blue spotty paper from the Hot Off The Press Ultimate Creative Pack was matted onto blue card and a strip of blue organza ribbon was attached across the top of the panel.
Two lengths of the blue ribbon were also attached to the reverse of the circle panels and attached at the top of the card.
The sentiment, from the See D's Blooming Friendships stamp set, was stamped using the Onyx Black ink and matted onto the blue card, also embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.
The mini concentric circles stamp, also from the Blooming Friendships stamp set, was stamped in the top corners of the card and on the sentiment panel using the Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress ink. Faux gems were then adhered at the centre of the circles at the top of the card and along the ribbon. As a finishing touch, Anita's 3D Gloss was added over the bath image to give it a realistic enamelled finish.

3 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is delightful, Kathleen! Warm wishes, Lesley

Alex said...

Very sweet card! I usually am no fan of smirk, but this is really nice and would make me think twice... Maybe I do need them after all?

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Kathleen
Hugs Dianne xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin