Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Sunday 22 November 2009

Hint Of Teal Wedding

Here is the wedding card that I made from us for Orla, the daughter of a good friend to my husband's family. I wanted to make a quite contemporary card using the Papermania Hint Of Teal kit, especially since I knew I'd have to make a more traditional card from the in-laws to give.

I decided to make an A5 card, which is unusual for me.

I started by choosing a couple of the papers from the kit and matted them onto the card blank and grey card.

A length of silver organza ribbon was tied around the panels and a sticker from the kit was attached over the ribbon. In retrospect, I think I should have matted the sticker onto some of the grey card but of course I only thought of that after I'd stuck it down, and it was impossible to get it back up again without damaging the rest of the card.

A white Papermania Imaginisce paper flower was colour tinted using Brilliance Starlight Silver ink and attached to the card. Green faux gems from Papermania, to match those on the sticker, were attached to the corners of the grey patterned panel and the centre of the flower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathleen
Its a beautiful card, I love your papers and the colours, bet it's stunning in real life !
Christine (Tilly Trotter )DC

Lou Sims said...

ery elegant card & love the colours you have used.

Lou
x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin