Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Monday 7 December 2009

Pink and Brown Tilda with Watering Can - A Card For Alex

This is the card that I made for Alex's birthday. I find making a card for expert cardmakers quite daunting sometimes but I also enjoy it because I know that they will appreciate the effort you put into them!!

I know that she's opened it now so I can post it on here for you all.


I decided to make a card for her using my new Basic Grey Bittersweet paper pad - these really are beautiful papers!!

The image was very kindly donated by Tara W in an image swap we did last year. The image was watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers and distressed around the edges using the Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress ink. This was then matted onto brown and red card.

A panel of the Cherry Cordial paper from the Basic Grey Bittersweet paper pad was matted onto brown card. A smaller panel of the Truffle paper was matted onto red card and attached onto the Cherry Cordial panel at an angle.

A length of cream lace was coloured with the Frayed Burlap ink to give it a more aged look to fit in with the rest of the card and attached across the two panels.

The sentiment circle, from Aud Designs, was stamped using the Onyx Black ink, coloured using the Whispers Brushstroke markers and distressed around the edges using the Frayed Burlap ink. This was then matted onto brown and red circles cut out using the standard and scalloped circle Nestabilities dies.


The inside of the card was also decorated using a strip of both the Cherry Cordial and Truffle papers. The sentiment, from the Papermania Clare Curd Sentiments stamp set, was stamped using the Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink.

I really enjoyed making this card, and thankfully Alex seems to like it! Phew!

4 comments:

Alex said...

Hi Kathleen, no I don't like it, I LOVE it! It is absolutely stunning and beautiful! All the detail in it and your colouring and distressing is fab! Another one of your cards on my door of fame *lol*
Lots of love
Alex

Julie said...

Gorgeous card , Kathleen. Fabulous rich warm colours - superb! Juliex

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful Tilda.
luv
Debby

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovely card, Kathleen. Great colours and colouring! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin