Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Friday 11 December 2009

Pink and White Paper Rosebud Wedding

I meant to post this the other week, but forgot I'd saved it as a draft!

Anyway, this is the wedding card that I made for my in-laws to send to Orla, the family friend. I decided to make a more traditional style card for them to send, and decided to go for a very simple colour combination of white and pink.


A card blank was created from white linen card and two scalloped circles were cut from the same cardstock using scalloped circle Nestability dies. The larger of the two circles was embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and the two circles were attached to the card blank, one on top of the other.

Three mini paper rosebuds were tied together with narrow pink satin ribbon using a bowmaker, and attached to the circles using silicon glue.

Three pink mini faux gems were attached to the lower edge of the smaller circle.

The sentiment, an Anita's rubber stamp, was stamped directly onto the card blank using ColorBox Dusky Rose pigment ink, and a small pink faux gem was adhered above the 'i'.
I like the simplicity of this card, and apart from the bow, it was very easy to create!! It's just a shame it hasn't scanned in very well due to the 3D nature of the card. It looks a bit grey and shadowy, but I can assure you it was bright white!

4 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a beautiful card, Kathleen. I love the elegant design and simple embellishment. It is beautiful!
Warmest wishes, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

And I forgot to wish you a very Merry Christmas, Kathleen! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Sue said...

Hi Kathleen, sorry to take so long to answer your question on the Silhouette. I've been very bad at blogging lately.

I think it's just a case of experimenting with different papers. I think the slower speeds should be used with more delicate papers, such as velum. I use the red cap on Index 90lb for most other cardstock. The yellow cap is good for design papers. Hope this helps.

Hope you have a very Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

Sue.x

I find that searching the web is really useful for hints and tips.

Alex said...

It's beautiful Kathleen! Love simple cards, and this one is exceptionally nice! Love, Alex

Blog Widget by LinkWithin