Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 13 January 2010

Blue and Brown Landmarks and Tickets

I really like the "London, New York, Paris, Rome" Landmarks stamp from Crafty Individuals, so here's another card made using it. This time I used the Basic Grey Granola paper pad.

Firstly, the edges of the Crunchy paper from the Basic Grey Granola paper pad were distressed using ColorBox Chestnut Roan fluid chalk ink and matted onto dark brown cardstock.
Then the Landmarks image was stamped onto the Flax paper from the same paper pad using Versafine Vintage Sepia archival pigment ink and matted onto beige and dark brown cardstock. A length of brown ladder ribbon was then wrapped around the Crunchy paper panel.
The Travel Tickets image, also from Crafty Individuals, was then stamped onto cream card using the Sepia ink, and three of the ticket images were cut out and colour distressed using Tim Holtz Faded Jeans and Scattered Straw distress inks and Ink It Up! Chocolate Brown dye ink.
Using the Sizzix Sizzlet file folder die, a beige file folder was die-cut and the edges ink distressed. The word 'Tickets' was hand-written on the tab using a black fineliner pen, and the word 'Celebrate' was stamped on the front using the 'Celebrate with Style' stamp from the Hero Arts Birthday Messages stamp set and the Sepia ink. The ticket images were adhered to the inside of the file folder.
This Landmarks stamp is a great stamp for masculine cards, and I foresee it being used quite a lot in 2010.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Wow, I love this one! You are really good at pulling of the distressed look, I am still trying ;-)

Grenouille Greetings said...

A lovely card, Kathleen! It's good to see you back again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin