Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Friday 29 January 2010

I've Finally Treated Myself To A Set Of Copics!

I'm sure some of you are aware that I've been talking about treating myself to a set of Copics for the best part of twelve months now. Well, I finally clicked on the 'Confirm Order' button on Tuesday (with much heart pounding and hyperventilating - I don't cope well spending that much money!)

Anyway, I've got a lovely set of 72 Sketch markers (set B) winging their way here, so with a bit of luck I'll actually be able to use them (effectively!)

I've spent the last couple of days watching various Copic Tutorials on YouTube, mostly by a very talented lady who goes by SuzanneJDean. (She also has an amazing blog here). Now of course she uses a different technique to that shown to me by the equally talented Alex, so I'm sure it will take a bit of practice to see which technique works for me.

Now, originally I was going to order my Copics directly from Japan, as they were quite a lot cheaper over there. But, I figured with my luck, I'd get hit by customs so chickened out! I actually bought them from Amazon. Make sure you do your homework though because there's a huge difference in price for the same set of pens depending on where you look online!!

I've managed to print off the Copic Colour Chart in anticipation of my pens arriving. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be here until next week!! BOO!! :-(

Well, better go and stock up on Memento ink. If anyone can think of anything else I need to 'invest' in, please let me know! (Other than sets A, C and D!)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Whoo hoo!! You're going to love them - I even bought a few skin coloured ones to go with my promarkers - I do like the brush tip of the copics!! You're going to need lots of time, to play!! Oh and smooooooooth paper! Ryman's white coated paper is very good and they often have a BOGOF offer. (I'll hook out the full description of the paper and get back to you, Kathleen! Enjoy ...and hurry up postie!! Love Juliexx

Grenouille Greetings said...

The Copics are fab, Kathleen. I had some for Christmas and whereas I am still using my Promarkers too - like Julie - I love the brush tips. Look forward to seeing some of your colouring in the coming weeks! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin