Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 2 February 2010

My Copics Are On Their Way!!

I received an e-mail today from Amazon to say that my Copics have been despatched - finally! Not sure how long they'll take. Not even sure if they are coming with Royal Mail or courier!!

I really can't wait for them to arrive - although I can almost certainly guarantee that I won't play with them straight away. I'm always the same - order something, get really excited and then wait a couple of weeks before I actually use them.

I'm pretty certain I'll actually be too scared to use them in case I discover they've been a terrible waste of money. I really couldn't bear it!

On a separate topic, I finally got around to watching the BBC dramatization of Enid tonight. I grew up reading most of her books (I know I didn't read them all as I discovered tonight she wrote about 800) but I was a huge fan of her stories, the Secret Seven, the Famous Five, the Adventures, Mallory Towers (they almost convinced me that boarding school would be a good idea!), but most of all the Wishing Chair and The Magic Faraway Tree. I know a lot of her work has been criticised for racism and sexism, but that was the time when they were written. There's a lot more sexism in Shakespeare, I'm sure! I loved them, and I'm sure the children of today love them too if they are given the chance. They promote escapism, which in a time when children can barely play out in their own backgardens, that can only be a good thing.

Well, enough of my ramblings, I'm off to have a midnight feast with a picnic and lashings of ginger beer!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin