Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Friday 12 February 2010

Pink and Brown Penny Black Hedgehog Stroll

This is the card that I made for my mate and docrafts demonstrator Becky James. I wanted to make something special for her as I won't be able to go to her demos anymore having moved 'up north'. I have loved going to her demos over the past few years, as I always learn new techniques and get great inspiration, and I have certainly put on some miles to see her, travelling to Southampton, Salisbury and Swindon. It was all worth it (although I'm not sure my chauffeur would agree!!)

It is also my entry to this week's Stamp Something blog challenge, which is Stamp Something Cute this week, and I think this card fits the bill perfectly!

I decided to make her a card using a Penny Black Hedgie image that I received from Judith B in the docrafts September '08 image swap.


The Penny Black 'Hedgehog Stroll' image was watercoloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers and highlighted with Craft Planet Iridescent Sparkle glitter glue. The corners of the image were rounded using the large XCut corner rounder punch and matted onto pink card.


A strip of the Delectable paper from the Basic Grey Sugared paper pad was punched using the Honor Multishaper punch, adhered to a strip of the pink card and highlighted with a pink Whispers Brushstroke marker and the Iridescent Sparkle glitter glue. A length of pink organza ribbon was tied around the pink panel and attached across a panel of the Luscious paper from the Sugared paper pad.


A large white Papermania Imaginisce paper flower was colour tinted with the pastel pink Whispers Brushstroke marker and highlighted with the Iridescent Sparkle glitter glue. The 'Birthday Wishes' circle sentiment, from the Hero Arts Birthday Messages stamp set, was stamped onto white card using Versafine Vintage Sepia archival pigment ink, cut out using a circle Nestabilities die and matted onto a larger circle of the pink card. A large Papermania bronze brad was used in the centre of the message and flower and attached in the top right corner of the card.


The Hedgie image was then attached over the pink panel to the left of the card, and the Luscious patterned paper panel matted onto pink card.


I also decorated the inside of the card, using squares of the Luscious paper with the corners rounded and matted over a strip of the Delectable paper. The sentiment, stamped using the Vintage Sepia ink, was one of the many free stamps I received with my order from Crafty Individuals.

4 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is a lovely card, Kathleen. I am partial to those PB hedgehogs myself! Great papers and fab layout - I'm sure your friend will love it! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Alex said...

Gorgeous as always! :-)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card
Kathleen
Hugs Dianne xx

DeeDee said...

A beautiful card!
The image is so cute.

Thank you for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Hugs from Germany,
DeeDee

Blog Widget by LinkWithin