Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Saturday 6 February 2010

Red, Black and Silver Kerry Jo Disco Girl

Well, I thought it was about time I posted another card. It's another of my older cards - I will catch up honest (although I haven't put any of my Christmas 2009 cards up yet, well, two of them!)

The card was made for my aunt, who is a very artistic lady, and in fact the birthday card I received from her consisted of a print of her own artwork.

Unfortunately, the picture is a little out of focus as my new scanner is a lot less forgiving of 3D elements on cards. But you get the idea!



I decided to go with a simple colour scheme for this card, so went with red, black and silver.


The Kerry Jo Disco Girl image was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink and coloured using Whispers Brushstroke markers. Details of the image were then highlighted using a white gel pen and Anita's 3D Gloss and matted onto black and red card.


Black and silver patterned paper from the DCWV Glitter Mat Stack was attached to the lower part of a black card blank and the join covered with a length of red grosgrain ribbon.


A sentiment panel was created by stamping the oval frame from the Stamps Away Bookplates, Anchors and Photo Corners stamp set using the Onyx Black ink and the frame section was coloured using a red Whispers Brushstroke marker.


The 'Just For You' sentiment, from the HOTP Sentiments stamp set, was stamped in the centre and holes punched at either end. Red grosgrain ribbon was then threaded through the holes and adhered hanging from the image panel.

Now, with a bit of luck, the next card I post will have been coloured using my lovely new Copics. I've had a bit of a play this evening, but not actually finished a card as yet!

1 comment:

Grenouille Greetings said...

What ever happened to Kerry Jo, Kathleen? I used to follow her blog back before I had mine and then I couldn't find it again. I love her images and your card is perfect in its red, black and silver theme! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Blog Widget by LinkWithin