Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Saturday 11 September 2010

Copper and Blue Medallion Anniversary

This is the card I made for my hubby last year for our anniversary. I wanted to use my set of Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen stamps and decided to use them in conjunction with my mica powders.


The medallion stamp from the Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen Venaissance stamp set was stamped onto brown card using ColorBox Topaz pigment ink and embossed using Heat It Up! copper embossing powder. The image was then coloured using Stamps Away mica powders. They don't really show up in the picture, but I also think that maybe I need to use more of them rather than being quite so stingy with them!!! The image was matted onto blue card and copper mirror card.

A strip of the brown card was matted onto the blue and copper card and three small copper eyelets were set (rather lopsidedly!!) in the strip of card. This was then matted across a panel of the blue flourish paper from the LLB Venaissance paper pad, which in turn was matted onto the copper mirror card and onto the card blank.
The sentiment, from Stamps Away, was stamped onto the brown card using the Topaz ink and copper embossed. This was cut out in a label shape using the HOTP Labels template and matted onto the blue and copper card.

I will be entering this card into a few blog challenges:

11 comments:

Shaz said...

Great mens card. Love the colour and papers used. x

Teresa said...

Wow Kathleen very impressive Male card, love the colours and great layout too. Teresa xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Its a great mens card and love the colours and layout.
hugs and xxx

Sue said...

Very elegant masculine card. Your embossing is fab!
Thanks for playing FFF.
Sue x

Jessica said...

Lovely card - so elegant. Love the vintage look about it. Jxx

MissyG said...

Hi kathleen
Great cards If you pop over to my blog theres a little something there for you
Linda

Tracy said...

beautiful card the colours and papers look gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, this is totally gorgeous. What a fantastic stamp and I love the color combo with the copper and the blue DP. I see all these comments about a men's card, but I think it would be beautiful for a woman too - so classically elegant! You rocked the embossing challenge! So happy you could join in the fun with us this fortnight at Fairy Fun Friday.

Emma H said...

Great card, very elegant! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Jane said...

Beautiful card! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge! hugs, Jane xxx

Anonymous said...

Howdy reflecting this page was indeed many pleasurable , post like this enliven whoever reflect this topic.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin