Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Thursday 3 February 2011

Green and Red Three Kings

And so onto the next in the series of Christmas cards. This was the only card design I made using my Copics and is the design I sent to the parents.


The Three Kings image, from Elzybells, was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and coloured using Copic sketch markers:
  • Crowns/Gifts: Y08, Y17, R29, E07
  • Green Robes: YG67, G05, Y17
  • Red Robes: R24, R29
  • Skin: E00, E21, E51, E13
  • Shadow: N1
Highlights were added to the crowns and gifts using the yellow and orange Sakura Stardust pens, and the robes were highlighted with Craft Planet Red glitter glue and Glitz It Pear Green glitter glue.

The image was then matted onto red card.

A strip of the red flourish paper from the Dovecraft Noel paper pad was matted onto the red card. Two panels of the multi stripe paper were matted onto olive green card and the red panel matted across it.

The sentiment, also from Elzybells, was stamped using the Tuxedo Black ink and matted onto the red card. The image panel was matted over the red panel, and the sentiment below it.

I also made this in the reverse colourway:

3 comments:

kay said...

hi kathleen,fab xmas cards,x

tilly said...

Lovely cards done in both colourways,
Tilly x

Kristen said...

hi kathleen,fab xmas cards,x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin