Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Friday 18 February 2011

Lilac and Turquoise Magnolia Snowman

Well, here it is - the very last of my Christmas cards from last year! This is the card I made for hubby using one of the really cute Magnolia snowman stamps.


The Snowman image, from Magnolia, was stamped during a fun day at Alex's a couple of years ago - and I've finally got around to using it! (I can't believe that was two and a half years ago now!!)

The image was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black archival pigment ink. It was actually stamped onto card not designed for Copics but I gave it a go and it worked, mainly because it didn't require much colouring.
  • Scarf/Ear Muffs: BG11, BG13
  • Wings: BV00, C0
  • Arms: E13
  • Star/Buttons: BV00
  • Snow Highlights: B00
The image, once coloured with the Copics, was highlighted with Craft Planet Iridescent Sparkle glitter glue and the corners rounded with the large XCut corner rounder punch. The panel was then matted onto lilac card and a panel of turquoise card cut using the Labels 8 Nestabilities die.

A strip of the blue snowflake dots paper from the HOTP Ultimate Christmas Creative Pack was matted onto the lilac and turquoise card and then across a panel of the blue, turquoise and lilac stripes and snowflakes paper, from the same paper pad.

The sentiment, from the Daisy and Dandelion Percy & Penelope Christmas Greetings stamp set, was stamped using Brilliance Pearlescent Purple pigment ink and matted onto the lilac and turquoise card.

2 comments:

Alex said...

It's gorgeous, Kathleen! Love the Nestie layers and the colours!

CAROL said...

Hi Kathleen, I love your cards and your blog, I've just started making cards and yours give me so much inspiration, I'm CarolV on Docrafts.I think the snowman card is gorgeous xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin