Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Orange Glittered Prim Poppies

This was one of those CAS cards that was by no means 'simple' in its execution. It was based on  card I saw on Pinterest here.
 
The first step was to die-cut the Contempo Circle Border die by Memory Box from Kraft card. Getting adhesive on the back was then the first hurdle. I should have added wide double-sided tape to the back of the Kraft card first, but only thought of that afterwards, so I used tacky glue and that was fun!!!
 
 
The next step was to diecut a couple of the Memory Box Prim Poppy shapes using dark-green card stock, as well as the flower heads in orange card stock which were then adhered in place.
Then came hurdle number two - adding the glitter. I used the LP Creative Crafts Corn Yellow and Apple Green glitters with the Zig glue pen. Of course, there was glitter everywhere and then I realized I'd added the glitter too early. I should have added it after I had stuck everything down!
 
Once the glue had dried and the glitter in place, the two poppy die cuts were tied together (not as easy as it sounds) using gold metallic embroidery thread.
 
The poppy diecuts were then adhered in place over the Contempo Circle Border diecut.
 
The sentiment, from the Fiskars Friends Forever Quotes stamp set, was stamped directly onto the card front using Memento Morocco dye ink.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin