Pages

WELCOME

This blog was created to act as a record of the cards and other projects that I have made. It is for both my own reference and to help inspire anyone who wants to take a look.

I'd love it if you'd leave me a comment so that I know what you think of my projects and that you've been to visit!

Anyone can comment, even those who don't have a blog. (Just look for the word 'Comments' under the three little pictures at the end of each post). Readers without a blog can add an anonymous comment, but please leave your name (and docrafts username if applicable) so I know who you are!

Slideshows of all the cards I've uploaded to my blog can be found at the bottom of the page.



PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Red, Teal and Green Katy Sue Hat and Stand

My apologies for the lateness of this post but I have been having issues with Internet Explorer all day. I can't upload pictures of my cards using Microsoft Edge and today IE has just not wanted to play ball. Anyway, it seems to be working at the moment, so I'll get on with uploading this as quickly as possible.

This is a card that I made, finally using the beautiful set of stamps by Katy Sue Designs that I bought at the Newbury Artstamps Show. Yet another of those 'must have' purchases that have been sitting in my stash unused.

I decided to use the Prima Madeline paper pad as I really love the colours and they matched the guide illustration on the packaging.

 
The hat and stand image, from the Katy Sue Designs Gerbera stamp set, was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and coloured using Copic markers:

Copics:
Hat: R27, R37, R39, BG10, BG11, BG32;
Flowers: BG10, BG11, BG32;
Leaves/Stems: G00, YG91, YG95;
Fronds: YG91;
Butterfly: BG11, BG32;
Hatstand: E43, E44, E57;
 
The image was diecut using a Classic Oval Nestabilities die and matted on to a Scalloped Classic oval diecut from red cardstock.

The cardblank was covered using the border paper and the cream script papers from the Prima Madeline paper pad, and the join was covered with a strip of card diecut using the Solid Bracket die from MFT Die-Namics.

 
The image panel was then added in the centre of the cardblank.

The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment, from the Personal Impressions Paula Pascual Mix & Match stamp set, was stamped using Emboss clear embossing ink and white heat embossed using Stampendous Detail White Opaque embossing powder. This was then diecut using a tag die from the Sizzix Tags, Sentiments Framelits die set. The tag was threaded with aqua embroidery thread and added over the image panel.

 
Details of the hat image were then highlighted using the clear Wink of Stella brush pen, and three teal pearls from Hobby House Sea Charm pearls.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://creativecraftingworldblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/create-and-craft-shows.html#comment-form

Blog Widget by LinkWithin